The CGC is seeking nominations, including self-nominations, for the following positions: Chair (or Co-Chairs) and four Members-at-Large. Descriptions of each position, from the CGC bylaws, are listed below our signatures.
All terms are two years and begin on July 1, 2023.
Any CGC member in good standing (i.e., membership is current) may stand for election to be a Member-at-Large. The requirements for Chair/Co-Chairs have recently been expanded and are included in the current bylaws below.
Step 1: Deadline – midnight Feb. 3
- The name, title, and institution of the person you are nominating.
- A brief explanation of why you are nominating this person for the position.
- Your name, title, and institution
- A brief explanation of why you would like to run for the position.
Step 2: Deadline – midnight Feb 23
All nominated or self-nominated candidates are required to submit the following information by 2/23/2023.
- A short bio (limit: 75 words)
- A short description of why you wish to take this position (What do you hope to accomplish as a Board member? What is your vision for the CGC? What perspective and/or experience would you bring to the Board?) (limit: 150 words)
The bio and description will be shared on the ballot. Elections will be held electronically March 6-20, 2023, and only CGC members in good standing may vote.
We look forward to hearing from you,
Heather and Marilyn
Heather Boldt, CGC Member-At-Large
Marilyn Gray, CGC Co-Chair
ARTICLE VI. OFFICERS
The officers of this Board shall be the Chair (or two Co-Chairs), Secretary, Treasurer, and any elected members at large. The same person may hold more than one office.
Section 1. Chair
The Chair shall preside at all meetings of the board and membership. Two members may choose to stand for election as Co-Chairs and shall then share the responsibilities and duties of the Chair.
In order to stand for election as Chair, the member must be serving or have previously served on the Board. In the case of two members standing as Co-Chairs, at least one of them must be serving or have previously served on the Board.
The Chair shall have the following duties:
- The Chair(s) shall preside at all meetings of the Board and the annual membership meeting.
- The Chair(s) shall have general and active management of the business of this Board.
- The Chair(s) shall see that all orders and resolutions of the Board are brought to the Board.
- The Chair(s) shall have general superintendence and direction of all other officers of this corporation and see that their duties are properly performed.
- The Chair(s) shall submit a report of the operations of the program for the fiscal year to the Board and members at their annual meetings, and from time to time, shall report to the Board all matters that may affect this program.
- The Chair(s) shall be Ex-officio member of all committees.
The chair (or, one or both co-chairs) shall rotate into the position of Past Chair for a period of two years at the end of their tenure without a vote of the membership.
Section 4. Board Members at Large
The board may choose to open nominations for up to six members at large at their discretion. Members at large shall be nominated and elected following the procedures in Section 5 of this Article. They shall perform such duties as may be prescribed by the Board or the Chair under whose supervision they shall be, for instance serving as liaisons to other professional organizations or representing particular cohorts of CGC members.
If there is a conference or event committee, the chair of the committee shall have an additional at-large seat on the Board. The Board Co-Chairs will select a Local Host who will then attend SI planning and relevant board meetings for that year (making them eligible to run for Board Co-Chair at some later point).
Section 5. Election of Officers
Each winter the outgoing Chair or Co-Chairs (or their Board designee) shall solicit nominations (including self-nominations) from the membership for openings on the Board. The Chair or Co-Chairs (or their Board designee) will then confirm nominees’ willingness to serve before submitting the names and statements of all candidates to the membership. Elections will be held electronically each Spring with newly elected board members assuming responsibilities on the following July 1 following the election.
· The Chair or Co-Chairs shall serve for terms of two years beginning in odd-numbered years.
· The Secretary shall serve for terms of two years beginning in even-numbered years.
· The Treasurer shall serve terms of four years beginning in even-numbered years.
· Members at large shall be elected for terms of 2 years; the terms of members at large may be extended by up to one year at the Board’s discretion in order to maintain a regular Board rotation.
Term limits: Officers shall be eligible to be reelected to the same office for one additional term only. If a successor is not elected, the officer may remain in the same position until the next election. If a position becomes vacant, the procedure in Article V, Section 8, shall apply. Any board member may subsequently be elected to a different office.