The Consortium on Graduate Communication is a non-profit organization, incorporated in the State of Delaware and registered in the United States as 501(c)3 charity. CGC is governed by an elected Board of Directors. The current board was elected by an electronic vote of members in May, 2017, May, 2018, and March, 2019 in accordance with the CGC By-Laws:
- Chairs: Linda Macri & Susan Lawrence (2019-2021)
- Secretary: Natalia Dolgova (2020-2022)
- Treasurer: Steve Simpson (2020-2022)
- Members-at-large: Rachel Cayley (2020-2022), Kelly Cunningham (2020-2022), Elena Kallestinova (2020-2023), Shannon Madden (2019-2021)
Under the CGC By-Laws, elections to the Board take place annually so that the new Board can take up its responsibilities on July 1. All members who have paid their annual dues at the time of the election may stand for office and vote. Elections are announced on the CGC listserv and conducted electronically. Starting with the election in 2019, the Chair must have served previously on the Board. If there are two Co-Chairs, one must have served previously on the Board.
Term lengths and limits:
- The Chair or Co-Chairs serve(s) for terms of two years, followed by one year as Past Chair
- The Secretary serves for terms of two years.*
- The Treasurer serves terms of two years.*
- Members at large are elected for terms of 1 to 3 years at the discretion of the Board.
* For the first election in 2017 only, the Secretary and Treasurer were elected to three-year terms. In subsequent cycles, the Secretary and Treasurer will be elected in alternate years from the Chair(s) in order to maintain continuity on the Board.
Officers may reelected to the same office for one additional term only. Any board member may subsequently be elected to a different office.
Past Co-Chairs: Michelle Cox & Nigel Caplan, 2014-2017; Steve Simpson & Lindsey Ives, 2017-2019
Past Board Members: Jane Freeman, Steve Simpson, Jim Tierney, Talinn Phillips, 2014-2020; Nigel Caplan, 2017 – 2020
Past Members at large: Jane Freeman, 2017-2018; Jim Tierney, 2017-2019; Lisa Russell-Pinson, 2018 – 2020; Shyam Sharma, 2107 – 2020