The Consortium on Graduate Communication is a non-profit organization, incorporated in the State of Delaware and registered in the United States as 501(c)3 charity. CGC is governed by an elected Board of Directors. The current board was elected by an electronic vote of members in accordance with the CGC By-Laws:
- Chairs: Marilyn Gray and Talinn Phillips (2021-2023)
- Secretary: Rachael Cayley (2022-2024)
- Treasurer: Steve Simpson (2022-2026)
- Members-at-large: Elena Kallestinova (2020-2023), Kristina Quynn (2021-2023), Heather Boldt (2022-2024), Melinda Harrison (2022-2024)
Under the CGC By-Laws, elections to the Board take place annually so that the new Board can take up its responsibilities on July 1. All members who have paid their annual dues at the time of the election may stand for office and vote. Elections are announced on the CGC listserv and conducted electronically. Starting with the election in 2019, the Chair must have served previously on the Board. If there are two Co-Chairs, one must have served previously on the Board.
Term lengths and limits:
- The Chair or Co-Chairs serve(s) for terms of two years, followed by one year as Past Chair
- The Secretary serves for terms of two years.*
- The Treasurer serves for terms of four years.*
- Members-at-large serve for terms of two years (these terms may be extended by up to one year at the Board’s discretion in order to maintain a regular Board rotation)
* For the first election in 2017 only, the Secretary and Treasurer were elected to three-year terms. In subsequent cycles, the Secretary and Treasurer will be elected in alternate years from the Chair(s) in order to maintain continuity on the Board.
Officers may re-elected to the same office for one additional term only. Any board member may subsequently be elected to a different office.
Past Co-Chairs: Michelle Cox and Nigel Caplan, 2014-2017; Steve Simpson and Lindsey Ives, 2017-2019; Linda Macri and Susan Lawrence, 2019-2021
Past Board Members: Jane Freeman, Steve Simpson, Jim Tierney, Talinn Phillips, 2014-2020; Nigel Caplan, 2017-2020
Past Members-at-large: Jane Freeman, 2017-2018; Jim Tierney, 2017-2019; Lisa Russell-Pinson, 2018-2020; Shyam Sharma, 2017-2020; Shannon Madden, 2019-2021; Rachael Cayley, 2020-2022; Kelly Cunningham, 2020-2022