Feak and Swales Travel Scholarship Application
Applications due Monday, March 16, 2020, by 11:59 PM EST
Named after two pioneering scholars in graduate communication, the Feak and Swales travel scholarship awards $500 and waives registration for a limited number of applicants each year who wish to attend the CGC Summer Institute and who demonstrate financial need and a commitment to or strong interest in graduate communication.
To apply, please provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your institutional affiliation
- An essay of no more than 500 words. The essay should do the following:
- Describe your work in graduate communication.
- Explain why you are interested in attending the Institute.
- Explain how you anticipate using your experience at the Institute in your career and/or at your home institution.
- Explain why you and other stakeholders would benefit from your participation in the Institute.
- Identify other sources of funding you have for the Institute, and explain how you would use the scholarship funds.
- A letter of recommendation attesting to your commitment to or interest in graduate communication and how you and your institution will benefit from your participation in the Summer Institute. You will be prompted to upload the letter with your application.
All applications will be evaluated using the rubric below:
|Criteria||N/A (1)||Weak (2)||Adequate (3)||Strong (4)||Very Strong (5)|
|The applicant demonstrates a commitment to or strong interest in graduate communication.|
|The applicant and other stakeholders will benefit from their participation in the Institute.|
|The applicant demonstrates clear financial need.|
|The applicant provides other compelling reasons for attending the Institute|