From Reagan National Airport (DCA)
- Take Metro’s Blue line towards Largo to Rosslyn (do not board a Yellow line train). At Rosslyn, change to the Orange line towards Vienna OR the Silver Line towards Wiehle/Reston and exit at the Ballston station. The hotel is 2 blocks from the station. The Metro map is a good reference.
- Please note that National Airport is temporarily the terminus for the Blue and Yellow lines, which typically continue into the suburbs. Thus the stop at National Airport may be somewhat less organized than usual. Be sure to board a Blue line train, and you’ll be fine.
From Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Silver Line Express (bus) to Metro’s Wiehle/Reston station: Leaves every 15-20 minutes; buy tickets ($5) on the arrivals level in the airport Main Terminal; the bus departs from the curb outside door #4. At the Wiehle/Reston Metro station, take the Silver line to Ballston.
- Another option is the Metrobus 5A to Rosslyn, but this is an ordinary public bus not set up for luggage, unlike the Silver Line Express. Exiting the bus at the Rosslyn stop, you would take the Orange line towards Vienna OR the Silver Line towards Wiehle/Reston, and exit at the Ballston station.
From Union Station (AMTRAK)
- Take Metro’s Red line towards Shady Grove to Metro Center. At Metro Center, change to the Orange line towards Vienna OR the Silver Line towards Wiehle/Reston, and exit at the Ballston station. The hotel is 2 blocks from the station.